- Notify parish office (585-768-6543) to request baptisms.
- Parents are required to attend a pre-baptism class for their first child.
- Baptisms are typically celebrated during or after the weekend Masses.
- To plan a Baptism, families are asked to contact the parish at 768-6543.
- Godparents must provide a letter of recommendation.
Letters of Recommendation
To be a sponsor for a Sacrament
- One must be a baptized Catholic and confirmed, registered in the Parish and have been for the past six (6) months.
- One must be attending Mass and receiving the Sacrament of the Eucharist and Reconciliation (Confession) regularly, and must have made his Easter Duty that is receiving the Eucharist once a year during the Easter Season and the Sacrament of Reconciliation (Confession) at least once a year.
- One must be sixteen (16) years of age and confirmed.
- A baptized Christian who is practicing his Christian non-Catholic faith may act as a witness, not as a sponsor, as long as there is one Catholic Sponsor. This non-Catholic witness may not be a former Catholic.
Number of Sponsors Needed
- One Godparent is needed, two are allowed, but then they cannot be of the same sex.