The Knights of Columbus, Edward W. Powers Council #2936
15 West Main St., PO Box 96, Le Roy, New York 14482
The Council meets on the Third Tuesday of the month at the K of C Hall at 7:15pm. Contact Gary at 585-409-9444 for more information. Email: [email protected]
Why You Should Become a Knight.
The Knights of Columbus is not just a fraternity in name. It is a Brotherhood of Catholic men who each play a part in improving the world around them, one community at a time. They stand together in faith, dedicated to upholding the principles they cherish while lending their support and strength to parish, home and fellow Knight.
Becoming a Knight of Columbus can transform your life.
As a Knight, you have the opportunity to support your parish, give back to your community and grow in your faith. These are just some of the reasons to become a Knight. We are a band of brothers, a network of men in communities around the world dedicated to doing good in the service of God and our neighbor.
What we provide SERVICE
• Support the parish with its needs.
• Help meet the needs of those in the local community.
• Provide “Coats for Kids” and “Food for Families”.
• Support programs that benefit people with intellectual disabilities.
• Aid victims of natural disasters and other catastrophic events, local and worldwide.
• Donate wheelchairs to people without mobility at home and abroad.
• Save lives through initiatives such as the “ultrasound Program”.
Charity is the first principle of the Knights of Columbus. Knights are men who get things done. We volunteer our time to serve our parishes and our communities. and by working together, we were able to donate more than $1.5 billion and 683 million volunteer hours to worthy causes in the past decade.
Unity and Fraternity are the second and third principles of the Knights of Columbus. The Knights of Columbus was founded so that men could work together to serve their parishes and communities, protect the wellbeing of their Catholic families, and support each other in faith and in many other ways along life’s journey. The Knights of Columbus offers its members the opportunity to grow in their faith through living the example of a charity that evangelizes and personifying what it means to be a Catholic gentleman through the practicing of good works.
We are a unique “Band of Brothers”:
• We have shared values and the support to live out our Catholic faith more fully.
• We have the ability for our network to accomplish things together that we could not accomplish alone.
• We have exclusive access to our top-rated life insurance products, available only to members and their families.
• Your insurance agent is a Knight dedicated to helping his brother Knights protect their families.