Meets the first Monday of the month at 7pm in the Saint Brigid Parish Center from September through June. Knitters and crocheters use their skills to make a variety of items for charity. These include:
- Prayer shawls and blankets delivered personally to those in need- those who are ill, have lost a loved one or going through a difficult time.
- Baby blankets given at baptisms
- Infant caps to the nursery at UMMC
- Mittens, hats and scarves for Mitten Tree and local schools and libraries
- Chemo caps to cancer treatment centers
- Scarves and hats to veterans at the Batavia VA
- Teal and purple scarves to Restore in Batavia to bring attention to domestic violence and sexual abuse. A sampling of items also go to Batavia’s YWCA for their Domestic Violence Shelter.
- Prayer squares, a pocket sized prayer shawl, made available to parishioners during Lent
- Twiddlemuffs, a sensory fun muff for memory care residents
- In October, a coat drive is held and handmade scarves attached before delivering to Community Action in Batavia.
For more information contact Cheri Sheridan 494-1889 or Sally Capurso 494-1749.
Last Updated February 2021